In the past 15 years, the voluntary market has helped raise ambition, mobilise private sector finance and build momentum around emissions mitigation. These experiences will prove valuable in helping to deliver the objectives of the Paris Agreement. At the same time, the entry into force of the Agreement will create opportunities for increased voluntary action, but will also raise important questions. For instance, is the concept of offsetting is still fit for purpose and practicable under the Paris Agreement, and does offsetting have different roles to play in different types of NDCs? To help answer these questions and others, ICROA is hosting a roundtable workshop with voluntary market stakeholders and national governments. The aim of this workshop will be conduct an in-depth exploration of these key questions and topics in order to start developing collaborative solutions amongst an engaged group of voluntary market stakeholders.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Glen Murray: Ontario Minister of the Environment and Climate Change
- Marion Verles: CEO, Gold Standard Foundation
- James Grabert: Director, Sustainable Development Mechanisms, UNFCCC
- Andrew Howard: Director, Koru Climate
- Mahlin Ahlberg: Senior Policy Advisor, German Ministry of Environment
For further information about the event, download the workshop flyer here, and register for the event here.