The Standards Endorsement Procedure is open to any VCM Standard who demonstrates compliance with the Standards Endorsement Review Criteria.
Terms & Conditions
Endorsement of Voluntary Carbon Market Standards
Categories tested in the third-party assessment include
- Carbon crediting principles
- Environmental/ social impacts
- Stakeholder considerations
Standards Endorsement Procedure Overview
Standards Endorsement Procedure Guide
New Standards Review Criteria Summary
Standards Endorsement Application Form
*Assessed by ICROA on the basis of the Review Criteria. Both Endorsed Standards and Conditionally Endorsed Standards are required to proactively inform ICROA of any updates or changes on an annual basis before Q3 of each year, along with the supporting documentation for an official technical review. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the Code. For more information, please contact the ICROA Secretariat.
**Conditional Endorsement is attributed to Standards that meet ICROA criteria for endorsement, and are pending the achievement of set threshold values in order to validate the full operationalisation of the Programme (e.g. registered projects, issued credits, etc). ICROA Accredited Organisations can use carbon credits from conditionally endorsed standards and will be Code compliant. For more details, please contact the ICROA Secretariat.
Approved Emissions Factors:
- New Zealand: Ministry for the Environment – National Emissions Factors
- Australia: Department of the Environment and Energy – National Greenhouse Accounts Factors
- Germany: BMU (Federal Ministry for the Environment)
- Netherlands: Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment – National Emission Factors
- UK: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) – Current GHG conversion factors
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC): Emission Factors Database
ICROA Code of Best Practice