IETA is looking to offer a six-month Internship to assist the Director of the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA), a global business association housed in IETA, dedicated to supporting global voluntary carbon management and offsetting mechanisms.
IETA is a global non-profit organisation working with more than 130 member companies to promote market-based approaches to climate mitigation.
This internship will contribute to the strategic success of the ICROA programme including communications, operations and projects. The Intern will also gain exposure to the broader IETA work programme. The individual will be based in Geneva and work with the IETA global team in Brussels, London, Washington DC and Toronto, to support its broader policy efforts and events.
The ICROA intern will support ICROA Operations, Programme Management and Membership Support as outlined below.
- Business development: assist the ICROA Director in developing new initiatives and broadening its membership.
- Research and analysis: examine various topic areas in carbon markets that help advance ICROA’s objectives.
- Writing position papers on issues related to voluntary carbon markets, working in consultation with members.
- Organising and supporting events, meetings and webinars.
- Providing secretariat support to meetings of the ICROA Executive Committee and Working Groups.
- Reporting to the ICROA membership on developments at various external events.
- Communicating to members and maintaining the ICROA website.
The successful candidate will have an educational background in climate change policy, corporate carbon management and market solutions, along with strong communication and facilitation skills. The individual should possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
- Solid education and/or experience in carbon management and markets covering technical and policy areas, as well as an understanding of the global landscape on climate policy.
- An entrepreneurial approach - you will be resilient, flexible and able to adapt to significant workloads, prioritising accordingly with minimal support.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, collaborate and grow your professional skills.
This is an opportunity to contribute to a highly respected and impactful programme, working to support global climate efforts. A stipend will be available to the successful candidate. If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.